If you’re sick of arguing kids drawing lines down the centre of their shared room to establish boundaries (that are always crossed), we can sympathise with you.
Are your children getting to an age where they need their own space? Or are you planning on expanding your family and wondering how your home is going to handle the extra pair of feet? It’s important for your house to feel like a sanctuary, and that can be difficult when everyone is tripping over one another. Solving this issue by moving, however, can be daunting and unappealing, especially if you love your neighbourhood and you’re already in the catchment area for the perfect schools. The second solution? Extending the home you’ve already come to know and love so that you can comfortably accommodate your growing family.
Creating more space horizontally – extending your home.
It’s possible to create your dream home using your existing one, without it being a logistical nightmare. We know that many people associate house extensions with lengthy periods of inconvenience and disruption to their day-to-day life. But it doesn’t have to be this way. At Eco Building Services we pride ourselves in treating our client’s homes as if they were our own. We offer full-service solutions for your home extensions. This means that we help design the extension that YOU want, whether it be new bedrooms, family rooms or a rumpus room. Everything is custom tailored to your preference; no settling for stock standard fit-outs here! We also take care of council approvals because we know that this can be a headache for homeowners. Eco Building has the experience needed to assist in speeding up the process and avoiding setbacks.
Creating more space vertically – lifting your home.
Here at Eco Building Services, we also specialise in lifting old Queenslanders to create more room underneath. This is particularly space efficient if your block isn’t large enough to extend your home outwards. We frequently renovate and extend worker’s cottages, Queenslanders and bungalows. We love a good heritage home and will work tirelessly to retain its charm while updating it for a growing family. We are also Brisbane’s premiere sloping sites builders. Many Brisbane homes are placed on blocks of sloping land, and builders will often charge more for extensions onto difficult terrain. At Eco Building Services, we try to minimise these costs to offer budget-friendly options for homeowners looking to extend onto sloping land.
The benefits of home extensions with Eco Building Services.
Here’s a snapshot of the benefits you’ll experience when undergoing home extensions with Eco Building:
- Custom designs tailored to your specific requests.
- Locked in charges from the point of quotation – no budget blowouts!
- Thoroughly vetted subcontractors that are hand-picked for their skills and expertise.
- Reduced wastage and concentration on environmental sustainability during all construction work.
- Superior communication at all times – access to your very own app, regularly updating you on the progress of construction.
The benefits of home extensions for your family.
Extending your home can be a step towards the growth and happiness of your family. Here are just a few of the positive outcomes that you can expect from a home extension:
- More room for your family to spend time together – less cramped communal areas.
- A reduction in arguments caused by lack of personal space (a godsend when raising teenagers!).
- Increased space to host extended family, or throw that slumber party your kids have been bugging you about for their birthdays.
- More space without sacrificing the unique elements of your family home – an extension so seamless that it will look as if it’s always been a part of the house!
Are you ready to discuss a home extension? Contact Eco Building today! We take care of the entire design process, working with some of Brisbane’s best architects to take the hard work and stress out of the equation.